In Art News this month, I must say ‘Thank you very much!’ to all those lovely people who came to the opening of my latest exhibition on Friday 30th August. I had a great time and caught up with some lovely friends, sold six of my travel sketches, had a few bookings into the Travel Sketch Workshop on 7th December and interest in my next French travel experience – probably to Paris and the Bordeaux region next September!
14 September – Painting and drawing Fruit, Flowers and Objet d’Art
Do you want to paint still life and possibly incorporate a family heirloom? This is one of my favourite art subjects and I would love to help you to learn some skills in depicting these lovely things.
9.30 – 3.30 at Lennox Arts Collective $70.00
28/29 September – Studio weekend at Christine’s home studio.
In a rural setting – come and paint en plein air or in the studio – 9.30 – 4pm each day (glass of wine and cheese to finish!)
There will be a variety of art activities including;
- Painting in the Landscape
- We have an acre of land with great views and in an attractive street (Fig Tree Hill Drive) – you can set up an easel and paint the view or bring your own resources – I will help you to get a sense of distance and to create an image that brings your idea to your audience.
- Drawing and painting faces
- Many people struggle to paint a face realistically – learn some techniques and learn how to achieve a three dimensional appearance.
- Simple Silk Screen Printing for Beginners
- I print tea towels and tee shirts – you can come along and prepare a simple design and print it onto a tee shirt, tea towels and gift cards to take home. For this session, I provide all materials – screen, printing ink, tee shirts, cards and tea towels.
- Pen and Wash drawing/sketching.
- You may have seen my travel sketches – they are on show at Lennox Arts Collective until 12th September – most of them are done in a pen and wash style. I will demonstrate and you can try it for yourself.
One day $110.00, full weekend $220.00
Art News – don’t forget the opening of the Class Exhibition will take place on 27th September at Lennox Arts Collective 5.30pm. You can bring your work to LAC anytime from now!